Ayurvedic Treatment to Prevent Hair Loss & Boost Hair Growth
Do you dread combing your hair? Have you ever got frustrated seeing hair on your comb or brush? The first sign of hair loss is seen on the brush and comb. The broken strands are evidence to the fact that you are shedding a lot of hair. Everybody at some point in their life has suffered from hair loss. Both men and women may have to deal with seasonal or occasional period of hair loss. It’s a matter of great concern if the condition gets severe and the hair becomes thinner. You can effectively curb the hair fall by opting for various ayurvedic treatments.
As stated in Ayurveda, hair is the byproduct of the breakdown of bones (asthi). The constituents of the hair and nails are the tissue material of the bones. These tissues are created by the body and if there is even a minute disturbance in the metabolism of the asthi then it can cause hair fall. The metabolism of the asthi relies on your body’s digestive fire. If this fires dims then it affects the health of your hair. Due to this reason, ayurveda believes that there is a deep connection between your digestive health and the health of your hair. Even your digestive health is taken into account during ayurvedic treatment for hair loss.
Hair loss can lead to baldness. Everyone has negative thoughts about a person who is bald, hair transplantation is the only solution to get rid of baldness permanently. Countries like India, UK and Singapore are famous for hair transplantation. In India, there are very good clinics for hair transplant in Pune, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi and Ahemdabad, which are very affordable and having promising result.
Hair loss and Ayurveda:-
Pitta (heat) constitution is inherited from your parents. Surplus of pitta dosha can lead to disruption in the metabolic process of our body. Pitta dosha can increase due to the hot climatic conditions. Consuming spicy and sour food, meats, alcohol and caffeine can increase the pitta in your body. Fried, acidic and refined food can also aggravate pitta.
Others causes for hair fall are:
- Side effects of medicine
- Hormonal deficiencies
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Drugs and substance abuse
- Acute illness
- Sudden weight loss
Your overall health is studied first by the ayurvedic therapist before offering treatment for hair loss.
Understanding hair loss:-
Modern medicine believes that alopecia or hair loss affects the scalp and also other parts of the body as well. It could be due to hereditary, medications or underlying medical condition. Hair loss can be of different kinds. Losing hair in patches is a far more serious problem than overall thinning of hair. Hormonal imbalance may cause premature graying, loss of hair or male pattern baldness and these conditions may need hormonal treatment.
Limitations of allopathic treatment for hair loss:-
It is very difficult to diagnose the root cause for hair loss. Usually hair loss is addressed by medications used to treat the underlying cause. But if the underlying cause is not detected or if hair loss is due to hereditary reason then the treatment may fail to get results. On the other hand, ayurveda naturally balances the hormones, nourishes the scalp and promotes hair growth. Ayurvedic herbs can also help to strengthen the hair follicles, minimize hair fall and make your hair look beautiful and healthy. Due to these reasons, majority of people prefer opting for ayurvedic treatment for acquiring a healthier scalp and hair.
If you are losing your hair rapidly then you should identify the lifestyle habits which may be taking a toll on your hair. Follow these simple tips:
- Change your diet – Avoid eating spicy, acidic, sour, refined and fried food. Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Eat nutritious food – You can regain your nutritional balance by eating food which is rich in vitamins and minerals. Regularly consume spinach, carrots, lettuce and alfalfa. Every morning eat a spoonful of sesame seeds. Hair fall is also reduced by eating probiotic food like yogurt.
- To boost hair growth – Every day drink 1/3 cup of aloe vera juice or have one spoon of aloe vera gel mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder three times a day.
- Drink plenty of water – Water hydrates your body and helps to flush out the toxins, thus balancing the pitta dosha. Avoid caffeine based drinks and alcohol as it dehydrates the body and weaken the hair.
- Use herbs – To improve the quality, texture and strength of the hair use herbs like brahmi, neem, amla, bhringaraaja, ashwagandha and ritha. These herbs help to restore hair and retain your hair color.
- Herbal massage – Massaging the scalp with warm oil helps to nourish your scalp and eliminates dandruff.
Medicines given by ayurvedic experts for hair loss are made from special herbal ingredients which have therapeutic effects on the body. These medications help to prevent or treat alopecia, remove dandruff and nourish the scalp.
Author’s Bio:- I am online medical Counsellor. I like to write on topics related to health. My site name is Clinicspots.
Clinicspots helps you to find right doctors and Clinics nearby your area. Clinicspots provides doctors information for various treatments like Liposuction, Skin, Eye and Hair transplant in Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Ahemdabad etc.