The Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil
The ancient Egyptians and Greeks benefited beautifully from olive oil, which has been regarded as a beauty secret for years. For thousands of years, olive oil has been used cosmetically by people, although nowadays it is used for cooking foods or for dressing a salad. This oil is considered to be excellent for facial skin because it is mild rather than being heavy and can effectively moisturize the skin to give it a very healthy glow. However, some people have negative beliefs about using any oil on their skin, especially if it’s oily. While this may be true for other oils, olive oil is an exception.
This is because olive oil is a fatty acid and the skin needs this acid to avoid drying out and to keep it replenished. Cell rejuvenation is also encouraged by olive oil because it is a fatty acid. For the benefits of Olive oil, it is deemed to be an excellent product for the body because it contains Vitamin E and antioxidants. There are numerous ways in which this oil can be used. Some of its uses are as follows:
- As a Moisturizer: Olive oil is said to be an excellent moisturizer for the dry areas of the skin. Patches of dry skin can be cleared up when the oil is applied to the elbows, knees and also the face.
- As a Hair Conditioner: You can get shiny and soft hair if you use olive oil as a hair conditioner. However, people who have naturally oily hair should keep in mind that this oil is not for them. This is because it will make their hair even oilier than they already are.
- As a Cuticle Treatment: Olive oil is also said to be a wonderful product for individuals who have complaints of tough dry cuticles because this oil can simply smooth them out. The cuticles can be softened with the aid of this oil and it can also moisturize the skin effectively.
- As a Makeup Remover: Even the toughest of makeup can be removed with the application of olive oil. Moreover, its application will leave the skin feely super smooth and soft.
- As a Skin Healer: Olive oil is also said to be a great way for soothing different skin problems, which include minor skin irritations and even sunburn. All people have to do is apply olive oil onto the skin directly and they will definitely see an improvement in a very short amount of time.
There is a common misconception associated with olive oil that it is the same grimy and thick oil that’s clogging the pores of the skin. Not only is this untrue, but it should also be kept in mind that oil is not the only culprit responsible for skincare problems. Dead skin cells, dirt, hormones and the buildup of bacteria are also contributing factors. Oil is produced by the body because it serves a purpose and the properties of olive oil are similar to the sebum that’s created by the body itself. Therefore, olive oil can be used safely by individuals.