A bronze hue typically characterizes dark skin. When people want fair colored skin, being dark skinned can turn out to be the bane of their existence. In some cases, people are simply born with this color of skin because of genes or heredity while in others they may become dark skinned later. This color of skin is undesired by most people because it looks blemished and patchy most of the time because this type of skin has a very high quantity of the skin pigment called melanin. People yearn to have fair skin because dark skin appears to be brown and blotchy.
There are numerous reasons why people do not have a fair complexion. Primarily it is because of heredity, but nowadays, various skin disorders are becoming common that can turn the skin color into a dark shade. Hyper pigmentation is one such cause of dark skin in which there is excessive production of the skin pigment melanin. Exposure to the skin is another reason. A large number of people are desperate for lighter skin and go to extreme lengths to make it happen. They use thousands of skin products such as creams and lotions and may even use various chemicals and injections. However, this is very risky and ineffective. It is best to use the home remedies that are discussed here:
- Make a paste at home by combining one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of lemon juice, one tablespoon of milk powder and half a teaspoon of oil such as almond oil. Apply this paste onto the dark skin for about 15 minutes. It is also beneficial in getting rid of tan and can give the skin a very healthy glow.
- Apply a slice of raw potato on the skin for dealing with blemishes and other marks that might occur on the skin.
- Take some turmeric powder and add a few drops of lime juice to it before applying it onto the darkened area of the face.
- Another paste can be made by mixing tomato juice, oatmeal and curd together and applying it onto the face. Use cold water to wash it off after about 20 minutes.
- Mint leaves are an excellent remedy for dealing with a dark complexion. Make a paste of some freshly grounded mint leaves and apply it on the face and leave it on for about 15 minutes before washing it off.
- Take four almonds and soak them in water overnight. Grind the almonds in the morning for making a paste. Apply this paste when going to bed and wash it off with cold water when you wake up in the morning.
- Grate a tomato and then add about two to three drops of lime to it. Apply this mixture on the dark skin for 15 minutes twice a day for getting results.
- Drink water regularly for flushing out the toxins and incorporate vegetables and pulses in your diet as they can improve skin color.
These remedies can give you a fair complexion as long as they are followed regularly.