How to Deal With Split Ends
When the cuticle at the outside of a hair strand is stripped away from the end, which allows the hair to split; this is defined as a split end. It is often hard to detect split ends, but they aren’t definitely regarded as a sign of healthy hair. Your hair will not be able to look shiny and healthy because of these split ends, which usually occur if you are putting your hair through the paces with chemicals or styling tools or you are growing your hair and do not get it cut often. It is best to deal with split ends as soon as they arise or they will move farther up the shaft and you will have to cut lots of your hair to get rid of them. Here are some simple steps that you can follow:
- Check your hair ends for splits. You have to look closely at the tips of your hair for noticing that the ends are split or they will look brittle and dry.
- The ends of the hair should be trimmed. The split ends can be trimmed off at home as long as you have a simple hair style. However, you should make an appointment with your stylist if you have a layered style or something similarly complicated for trimming off the split ends.
- Hair should be conditioned with the help of a conditioner that has been specifically designed for conditioning damaged and dry hair. Daily conditioner can be applied only to the ends by people who have fine or dry hair. A weekly deep conditioner should also be added to your hair-care routine. It is also possible for people to make their own deep-conditioning treatment at home. What they need is 2 to 4 ounce of warmed olive oil that should be applied to the hair and left for about 15 minutes. The hair should then be shampooed and then wrapped with a towel for even deeper conditioning.
- The use of heated styling tools should also be limited. Curling irons, hot rollers and flat irons should not be used for more than three times a week. Hair should not be teased. Permanent wave chemicals or color should only be used when it is absolutely necessary.
- Take a small container and add 1 teaspoon each of olive oil, castor oil and mustard oil and mix them together properly. The mixture should be applied on the scalp and massaged properly and allowed to sit for half an hour. The oil should be rubbed on the rest of the hair until it is completely coated and then wash it off.
- Wash the hair first and then apply mashed avocado on the damp hair. If avocado is unavailable, people can also use mayonnaise in its place. The mayo or avocado should be applied for about 30 minutes before washing it off.
People can also give their hair some organic hot oil treatment such as with Jojoba oil in order to eliminate the problem of split ends.