Does your scalp itch round the clock? Are white flakes visible on your shoulders when you scratch your head? Is dandruff making your life miserable? If yes, then you really need to check out my natural home remedies for dandruff that would help you get rid of dandruff permanently.
Winter is round the corner and you may find yourself shopping for some anti dandruff shampoos and conditioners to keep your hair clean and dandruff free. Little did you know that apart from these shampoos and conditioners you can manage and cure dandruff with the ingredients readily available at home? Yes, it is true. Managing dandruff was never so easy before and you can easily bid adieu to it by following certain basic home remedies for clearing off dandruff. Take a look.
- Yogurt : It is an excellent remedy for clearing off dandruff and can easily be done every day. For this, you simply need to damp you hair and rub yogurt against your scalp. Leave on for 5 – 10 minutes and wash off. Yogurt will help not only clear the dandruff but will also act as a natural conditioner, leaving your hair soft, smooth and dandruff free.
- Aspirin : Yes, the medicine aspirin that is often used for its pain relieving properties is also a powerful remedy for treating dandruff. You simply need to break the tablet and add its powder to the shampoo that you are using. Leave the shampoo for about 5 – 10 minutes and then rinse off.
- Apple cider vinegar : This is considered to be one of the age old remedy for treating dandruff. You simply need to add one part of apple cider vinegar to 3 parts of water and apply this mixture to wet hair. Make sure you scrub the mixture along your scalp to loosen the hard scales of dandruff. Rinse hair after 5 minutes.
- Baking soda: Wet hair and run handful of baking soda against your scalp. Make sure you do this vigorously so that dandruff would loosen and get cleared off. Rinse hair with plain water. Do not shampoo your hair after this. Repeat this remedy every time you wash your hair. You hair may appear dry after the first few washes with baking soda, but it will then eventually soften once your scalp naturally begins producing oil.
- Lemon : The acidic nature of lemon helps fight against dandruff. It not only helps clear off the dandruff but also prevents it from coming back. For this, you simply need to rub 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in your scalp and leave it on for 2 minutes. Following this, you can rinse off hair with 1 tsp of lemon juice mixed in a glass of water. You need to repeat this regime quite a few times till you see the end of dandruff.
- Mouthwash : The way your regular mouth wash keeps your breath fresh and drives the bacteria away, it can similarly help treat dandruff effectively. All you need to do is – wash your hair with regular shampoo and then rinse off with an alcohol based mouth wash. The alcohol in the mouth wash will treat the cause of infection and keep your hair dandruff free.
Try these home based tips for clearing off dandruff and flaunt your hair this winter season the way you like!!