It is the desire of every woman to have long and shiny hair. The problem is that there is no miracle that can enhance hair growth and the options that are available need people to be patient. There are different steps that have to be taken by people for promoting hair growth. Some important ones are listed as follows :
- Firstly, people need to realize that their hair also needs nutrients and vitamins to grow. Therefore, it is necessary to have a balanced and healthy diet that comprises of plenty of proteins, iron and folic acid. Dairy products, poultry, nuts, beans, salmon, dark green vegetables and eggs are some good food options that should be included in the diet to provide the hair with proper nourishment. Foods that are high in fat, sodium and sugar should be avoided.
- Drinking plenty of water is also essential because not only does it enhance hair growth, but it has a myriad of other health benefits. It can strengthen the immune system and also encourage healthy growth of hair by flushing out all the toxins.
- Give yourself a hair massage now and then. Use your fingertips for massaging your scalp and get the blood pumping. Brush the hair upside down to get the same results. The blood will come to the surface of the head and promote new life in this way.
- Braid your hair as frequently as possible. Not only does it prevent tangling and breakage, it is also known to promote hair growth. It is best to braid your hair at night before sleeping as it not only gives them a wave in the morning, but also prevents them from knotting up.
- Exercise is also highly recommended for enhancing the hair growth process. This is because it keeps the blood pumping throughout the body including the scalp. Any form of exercise such as walking, swimming and jogging can be done by people.
- Avoid the use of heat products on your hair because it’s really tough on them. Hair grows faster when they are healthy. A heat protector spray should be used if people have to use any styling products like straighteners and curling irons.
- There are a variety of vitamins that can be taken for promoting the health of your hair. Vitamins A, B or E, Biotin and Niacin are some of the options available.
- People can also enhance hair growth by rubbing several things on their hair for stimulation and nourishment purposes such as avocado, eggs, castor oil, honey, crushed banana, milk, peppermint oil and coconut oil.
- It is also advised that hair should be brushed gently with a wide-toothed comb to get out the tangles. Brushes often cause breakage due to which they shouldn’t be used.
- Get a haircut after every one to two months for getting rid of the split ends and trimming the hair. This also improves the growth rate of hair.
These tips can be highly effective in increasing the growth of hair over time.