Do you want to have voluminous and thick hair? Thin air often results in people because of a variety of factors such as genetics, aging, stress and the chemicals that are present in hair treatments. Regardless of the reason behind thin hair, there are several strategies that can be implemented by individuals for achieving fuller and thicker hair. There are some lifestyle changes that have to be made and some volume boosting hair care techniques that should be practiced to thicken your hair. These are easy to follow and implement and can aid people in thickening their hair naturally and effectively at the same time.
First and foremost, people should change their buying habits and purchase chemical-free hair products. Sometimes the shampoo that you use on a daily basis can be the main culprit that causes hair to thin out. The hair is worn down by the chemicals, which can be found in styling products, hair conditioners and cleansers. Hairs become dry and fall out quite easily as compared to healthy hair. The following changes should be made in the bathroom for boosting the health of your hair:
- Shampoo that contains sulfate should be swapped for sulfate-free shampoo. Sulfates are harsh cleansers that are useful for getting oil out of your hair. However, the problem is that hair can become frayed and damaged when natural oil protection is eliminated. A shampoo containing natural cleansers and oil is beneficial for the hair.
- Commercially-manufactured conditioner should be forgone and replaced with conditioners having natural ingredients. The former contains chemicals such as sulfates and can be damaging to the hair. Get a conditioner that comprises of aloe, coconut oil etc. Shiny, soft and supple hair can also be achieved with an apple cider vinegar solution.
- There are plenty of chemicals in hair gels, sprays and pomades, which damage hair over time. Toss them out or use them sparingly if necessary.
People should also make it a habit of handling their hair gently. It shouldn’t be treated too roughly because it’s fragile and soft. Hair often frays, falls or breaks off because of some hair handling habits. The following ways can be used for changing your routine and to help thicken your hair:
- Don’t wash your hair everyday as it doesn’t give the scalp any time to produce natural oils for keeping hair healthy. Twice or thrice a week is recommended.
- Don’t towel your hair roughly for drying it. Squeeze your hair gently and blot it dry.
- Instead of a brush for getting rid of tangles, use a wide-toothed comb to prevent hair breakage.
Heat should also be avoided to keep the hair thick and voluminous. Curling irons, straightening irons and hair dryers are styling tools, which are very tough on hair. Use them sparingly or avoid them altogether. Hair also becomes brittle, dry and falls out because of coloring, highlighting and bleaching your hair. Hair can also be highly damaged because of permanent curls and chemical straighteners. Promote hair growth by eating plenty of proteins and vitamins and avoid damaging and destructive habits and products.