Open or closed skin pores don’t mean that your pores literally open or close; they are of the same size. The skin pores are referred to as open by people when they are clogged with dead skin cells or sebum, which is an oily substance excreted by sebaceous glands. A smaller or closed appearance is achieved through astringents like honey or lemon juice, which cause facial swelling. There are a variety of masks that will be able to close the pores of the skin and get rid of the dead skin cells and the oily substance. However, before making the masks for application, people should be aware of how they have to be applied.
The instructions that should be followed for applying any mask on the face are:
- Hair needs to be clipped out of the way and a mild cleanser should be used for cleaning the face before any mask application.
- Fingertips should be used for applying the mask on the entire face, but be sure to leave holes around each eye. Plenty of room should be left near the eye because skin there is a bit sensitive than any other area.
- The mask should be applied onto the face gently. This is because the skin tends to become irritated if you rub it roughly.
- Rather than scrubbing the mask off the face, it is better to remove it by rinsing it off. The mask shouldn’t be left applied on the face for longer than the time that has been recommended.
- The skin should be patted dry instead of rubbing it once the mask has been rinsed off. The skin becomes sensitive because of masks and it will be aggravated by rubbing.
Some great masks for closing the skin pores are:
Egg Whites Mask
Take a small bowl and beat one egg white in it. 2 teaspoon lemon juice should be added and mixed well. The mixture needs to be applied on the face and left for about 10 minutes. As the mask takes effect, people might feel a tingling sensation on their face, but there is nothing to be alarmed about. The mask can be rinsed after 10 minutes and then pat the face dry.
Take 1 teaspoon baking soda and 2 teaspoon fine oatmeal and mix them together. A thick paste should be formed by adding some water to the mixture. The mask should be applied generously to the face and should be rinsed after 20 minutes.
Take a blender and put in 1 tablespoon water, 1.4 of a peeled medium cucumber and 1 teaspoon honey. The mask mixture should be strained so that it’s smooth. Add 1 teaspoon wheat germ and 2 teaspoon ground oatmeal to the mixture. The mask should then be applied onto the face and left for about 20 minutes. Face should be patted dry after removing the mask.
With these masks, people can keep their skin oil-free and remove the dead skin cells.