Have you ever wondered as to why your acne breakout is spreading and not letting your skin get clear? This is because we tend to cure the problem superficially but never reach out to the root cause. Once we do that, everything else will take care of itself. In this article, we will tell you what is wrong with your approach to the cure and treatment of acne. Take a gander at the list of the things that make your acne worse and then stop them from getting worst. You may avoid these mistakes and Get rid of acne quickly and have an acne free skin.
- Popping : You don’t like the white top bumps on your skin and try to remove it with your hands. You feel good when you see that pus moving out and think that you have got rid of the pesky problem. But you are wrong here. Popping ruptures the follicles and increases the chances of scarring on the surface. Don’t do it.
- Wearing make-up :A lot of women put on make up to hide their acne, but inadvertently they are stopping the healing process in addition to irritating the skin, also leading to multiple acne formation at one place. On top of it, if the make-up products are oily, they will suffocate your skin by blocking oxygen supply and thus help the bacteria grow and proliferate even more.
- Over washing/ over ex foliating : Just because somebody told you that over secretion of natural oils leads to acne formation, you started washing it more often to remove the extra oils. Over washing can make your skin dry. This stimulates production of natural oils; more oils, more acne. It is true that ex-foliation is must for stopping acne from spreading, but over ex foliation can irritate your skin.
- Using wrong products : Some products contain harsh ingredients. Avoid them. These include alcohol based cleansers, sodium sulfacetamide and more. Consult your doctor and use the right products.
- Using random home remedies : Applying toothpaste is the most commonly used remedy that most of the people fighting acne do. Toothpaste cannot replace an acne cream just as mouthwash cannot be used on the face. So, don’t use just any home remedy.
- Sweat : You may need to stop activities that can make you sweat more than normal like workouts and outdoor sports. These activities can aggravate your existing acne condition. Do light exercises and a morning walk before dawn.
- Medication : It has been proved in some studies that certain medications such as oral contraceptives, lithium, phenobarbital and corticosteroids can make acne worse. If they aren’t too necessary or if there are safer options available, ask your doctor to prescribe you those. Also, check your acne medication. Most of the medications that are used to treat acne make the top layer of the skin thin turning it vulnerable to damage by ultraviolet rays.
- Tanning : Some people who have acne get their skin tanned in an attempt to hide their acne. Little do they know that this practice is actually worsening their acne breakout. Sun’s UV rays make skin dry and acne worse.
- Other Reasons… Stress, mainly emotional and nervous tensions caused due to the former are bad for your acne breakout. The more stress you live in, the more exaggerated your condition gets. Manage your stress and let acne heal up.