If you have been following an anti-aging regimen for a while, you must know how expensive products can be simply by just carrying the words “anti-aging” on the labels! Sometimes, it is hard to comprehend how a bottle from one brand can cost as much as US$ 200 while another only costs US$ 20.
It’s easy to assume that the difference lies in the efficacy of the formulation but, in an industry that is expected to grow into a trillion dollars by 2025, it is becoming harder to tell what makes a Neocutis Lumière Bio-Restorative Eye Cream different from another eye cream worth under US$20 that you can buy at a drugstore.
When you think you’re ready for an eye cream, here are the 10 best eye products you should check out:
1. Restoresea Revitalizing Eye Cream, US$ 85 for 15 g jar, made with an anti-aging enzyme secreted by a newborn salmon during birth, this product combines this Vibransea Complex with Vitamin C and other moisturizing ingredients. This product brightens your eyes and reduces other visible signs of skin aging without harming your delicate eye skin.
2. Avène Ysthéal Eye and Lip Contour Care, US$ 40 for 15 ml, the key ingredient of which is retinaldehyde, a stable and less irritating derivative of Vitamin A, which inhibits wrinkles and melanin to brighten your eyes. It also contains Vitamin E and Avéne Thermal Spring Water which moisturizes and relieves skin of irritations, respectively.
3. Shiseido Future Solution LX Eye and Lip Contour Regenerating Cream, US$130 for 15 ml jar, combines the antioxidant rich ingredients,, uji green tea, sakura and star fruit extracts that protects skin from free radical damage. Shiseido also introduces Skingenecell 1P which blocks the expression of Serpin B3, a hormone known to express multiple signs of skin aging.
4. CeraVe Eye Repair Cream, US$12.99 for 0.5 fl. oz., provides one of the most inexpensive and yet most potent eye protection and repair solutions available in the market today. It combines the strong hydrating power of hyaluronic acid, matrix restructuring effect of ceramides, and the microcirculation enhancing and anti-inflammatory properties of Niacinamicde (Vitamin B3).
5. Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Eye Cream, $43 for 15 ml jar, floods your skin with antioxidants and helps firm up saggy skin. This product is made with Super 7 Complex, a proprietary formula that combines lotus flower extracts, fig fruit extract, hibiscus extract, vegetable glycerol, blue-green algae, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
6. Neocutis Lumière Bio-Restorative Eye Cream, $90 for 0.5 fl. oz., designed to re-energize and liven up your eyes with a powerful boost of moisture from hyaluronic acid, healing and anti-inflammation from bisabolol, extracted from chamomile, and microcirculation enhancement from caffeine.
7. Nivea Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream, $22 for 40 ml, from another strong drugstrore brand, this product also folds in three of the most potent ingredients when it comes to combating skin aging — hyaluronic acid, magnolia extract and creatine. If dryness around the eyes is your problem, this product can provide you with an apt solution.
8. Olay Eyes Illuminating Cream, US$ 29.99, .5 oz., consists of deep moisturizing ingredients, including collagen and peptides, as well as Niacinamide which enhances microcirculation. The fun and practical reason to use this product is that, with micro particles that reflect light and illuminate your skin, this eye cream cum cosmetic can also serve as a good cover up, making it a great way to layer your daily makeup with.
9. L’Oreal RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Eye Cream, $17.99 per 14 g jar, contains Pro-Reinol A and Stimuplex that firms up skin around the eyes and gives it an overall brighter complexion in just four weeks.
10. City Views Rapid Repair Eye Cream, US$ 67 for 0.5 oz., formulated with Argireline, a peptide that numbs muscle contraction, causing skin above it to relax and stretch. It also contains antioxidant-rich green tea, wrinkle and melanin inhibiting retinyl, and cell-communicating peptides including Matrixyl 3000.
Give skin around your eyes the advantages it requires to beat multiple signs of skin aging which only eye creams can sufficiently provide for older, mature skin types. Keep in mind that eye products are just one way of ensuring skin health around your eye area. When you combine a good skincare routine that is appropriate for aging skin with healthier lifestyle choices, you give yourself better chances of aging more gracefully.