Do you suffer from a painful condition such as plantar fasciitis, or heel pain? Are you searching for a doctor who specializes in orthotics and regenerative medicine in New York, NY? If so, don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Richard Goldstein. Dr. Goldstein can treat painful conditions of the feet using regenerative medicine and orthotics. This article will look at what orthotics are and how they can help you to manage pain in the feet, legs, and back.

What are Orthotics?

Orthotics are devices such as shoe inserts that a specialist doctor can custom-make, especially for the individual patient. A doctor is likely to prescribe orthotics to treat problems with the feet, heels, legs, or back. Orthotics are available to correct a patient’s posture or instep and can also help with a variety of problems such as arthritis, bunions, high arches, plantar fasciitis, and back pain.

Do I Need a orthotics?

Orthotics are used as part of a long-term treatment plan for a variety of symptoms. If you’re experiencing any pain or discomfort in your legs or feet, your doctor may refer you to a specialist to make an orthotic.

Orthotics are commonly used to correct foot deformities or posture. They can also be used to help strengthen your foot or ankle, and this, in turn, will help it to function better. Orthotics are also used to provide support to patient’s ankles if they are weak or have suffered an injury. They can also help to reduce the risk of further injury.

Orthotics that have been custom-built and prescribed by a doctor are a lot more effective than a heel pad or insert that is available at pharmacies or athletic stores. Your doctor is likely to recommend having a custom made orthotic if off-the-shelf products have been ineffective. Before getting an orthotic made, you should rest your injury and try other treatments and exercises. If these have been proven ineffective, your doctor is likely to recommend that you have an orthotic.

How does a podiatrist diagnoses problems

A doctor who specializes in problems and injuries that affect the feet is known as a podiatrist. If you have long-lasting and chronic foot or heel pain, you’ll likely be referred to a podiatrist.

The doctor will ask you about your symptoms. They are likely to ask when your problems first started and what makes the pain worse as well as better. You’ll then have a physical examination of your feet; the doctor will look for any deformities and ask you where the pain is located.

You’ll also be asked to walk, stretch, and move your feet and ankles so that the doctor can see how they are positioned. In some clinics, there will be special pads for you to walk on, which creates images of how your bones are positioned. These images can aid the doctor in the diagnosis as they’ll be able to see the exact location of the pain and any problems in your bone structure.

The doctor might also carry out X-rays or an MRI scan as this will help to identify arthritis or other damages, or injury. The doctor will then study the images and make recommendations for the type of treatment and orthotics needed.