If you wish to improve your smile, what will be the best choice? Well, it is none other than cosmetic dentistry. Thanks to technological advancements through which dentists these days are capable of transforming just anyone’s teeth to gift them the smile that they desire. Above all, they can help their patients by determining which procedure will correctly work to brighten their smile.
Top 7 Techniques
Take a look at the different cosmetic dentistry techniques that dentists commonly use these days,
- Cosmetic Teeth Whitening- Teeth whitening or teeth bleaching is a method used for whitening and brightening the teeth from staining and discoloration. It can be done both at home and also at the dental clinic. Most importantly it is good to consult a dentist first as bleach is not suitable for everyone’s teeth.
- Cosmetic Dental Veneers- A veneer is a tiny shell created from a composite material or porcelain and is custom made as well as cemented towards the front section of the tooth. Veneers are suitable for treating various dental conditions like covering spaces between the teeth, chipped teeth, discolored teeth and teeth that are slightly crooked.
- Cosmetic Dental Implants-An implant is a device made of metal used for replacing a missing tooth. Generally created from titanium, it is placed on the jawbone through surgical techniques to fill the missing tooth. An implant, as opposed to a dental bridge, is permanent. It has been designed to function as a tooth root as well as can anchor artificial teeth or tooth-like denture, bridge or crown.
- Cosmetic Dental Crowns- A crown or a cap is customized to fit over the entire tooth. Dentists make crowns from porcelain or acrylic fused to the metal for withstanding the biting pressure. In cosmetic dentistry procedures, dentists use it is widely for treating teeth that have poor shape, cover gaps in between teeth, teeth having large fillings, broken and chipped teeth.
- Cosmetic Teeth Shaping- Teeth shaping or enamel shaping is for reshaping the tooth by removing or filing a part of the enamel. It will offer immediate effects and is generally not painful.
- Cosmetic Tooth Bonding- It is a method where tooth-colored materials are bonded or adhered to the tooth. Tooth bonding is mainly useful for repairing or improving a tooth’s appearance that chipped, broken or stained.
- Cosmetic Orthodontic Treatment- This method is not only for children, but a good number of adults are also taking this treatment for aesthetic reasons. If a person has crooked teeth or buck teeth they should consult an orthodontist for help.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
When it comes to cosmetic dentistry one can enjoy a long list of health benefits but most importantly it should be done from an authorized and good dental clinic such as Oxford Dental Care in Idaho Falls, ID for best results. These benefits include among others the following,
- Improved Dental Hygiene- If a person invests in cosmetic dentistry he/she will fall in love with their new smile. They are sure to be showered with compliments. As a result, their treatment will help in encouraging them in keeping up with their dental hygiene. It will include changing their drinking and eating habits such as keep away from junk food and also drinks and food which can stain their teeth. In the case of a smoker, they will feel motivated to quit for maintaining their smile. They will indulge to floss and brush regularly and visit their dentist every six months for ensuring that their smile is perfect as well continues to be the same.
- A relief Headache- In case of misaligned teeth, people generally tend to suffer from TMJ and headaches. When a person undergoes cosmetic dentistry techniques such as Clear Correct or porcelain veneers, their dentist will help in fixing their alignment to make their teeth come together perfectly. It is this that will work wonders in relieving headache and also protecting the teeth that can result in cavities and damaged teeth. In fact, fixing the alignment will help to benefit one’s gums, overall dental health, and teeth.
- Boost up Self Confidence- Improving self-confidence is a crucial advantage of cosmetic dentistry. A key reason why a good number of people opt for cosmetic dentistry is that they are not happy with their smile which takes a toll on their confidence, in their social life or workplace. Post undergoing a good cosmetic dentistry treatment, one will feel more confident and begin to excel in life. It is their improved appearance that will help in bringing them the confidence they are seeking if they are not satisfied with their smile.
- Look Younger- It is cosmetic dentistry that will help a person to look younger and radiant. No wonder middle-aged people are in favor of this technique because it helps them in freshening up their appearance sans side effects. Having a white and straight smile apart from improving a person’s confidence will also make them look younger. For people who are using other cosmetic techniques such as wrinkle cream or Botox should make the most of cosmetic dentistry.
- Strengthen the Teeth- Along with improving the smile, cosmetic dentistry will also help a person to improve their overall dental health. A dentist will only conduct this procedure if the person is in the pink of health. The patient and will discover that after undergoing cosmetic dentistry their teeth is in a healthy condition. Besides, some cosmetic treatments can help to restore the teeth. Dental bonding and porcelain veneers will help to cover chips or cracks in the teeth thereby protecting it from future damage. And through Clear Correct, a dentist will correct a patient’s alignment that will help in preventing periodontal problems and uneven wear of the teeth.
- Improve the Bite- About 30% of the populace do not have a perfect bite. It is here where cosmetic dentistry can help. Through effective dental procedures, a person’s bite can automatically improve tremendously. The best part is one will not damage their teeth further every time they bite something due to their unbalanced bite. Instead, they will enjoy biting just anything and have their teeth bite down properly and align together.
- Save Money in the Future- Though some cosmetic dentistry techniques are costly if one looks after their dental problems quickly and avoids neglecting their teeth, they will ultimately save a good amount of cash in the future. Instead of ignoring their teeth and potentially requiring more severe and invasive surgery later, it is good to consult the best dentist right away.
- Relish All Kinds of Food- After undergoing the dental procedure and complete healing of the teeth a person can relish just any form of food again. Though they may desire in staying away from sweets to prevent hurting their teeth but chomping a juicy steak devoid of the fear to increase the damage to their teeth will be a beautiful thing.
- Enhance Career- Apart from an actor, model or celebrity, one does not depend much on their looks for the success of their career. But if you are embarrassed about your smile then it may be holding you back. In fact, when one feels more confident, they will automatically take on better leadership and greater responsibility. Above all, they will look happy that in turn will look at an improved dedication and higher motivation to their career.
- Correct Various Aesthetic Flaws- One of the key perks of cosmetic dentistry is indeed versatility. The different cosmetic dentistry techniques can help to correct or conceal different concerns like ragged gum lines, gapped teeth, cracks, chips, proportionately small teeth, misshapen teeth, stains amid others.
- Prevent Dental Problems- Its fundamental aim is in improving the appearance and the different methods used here such as bonding will help in strengthening the teeth. In fact, this method will assist in preventing dental problems in the future for their mouth. Dental services carried out regularly through a cosmetic or regular dentist will help one in avoiding the dental issues from the primary stage and also stop the same to reach to the next level of damage.
In the current modern times where, eternal youth and beauty are factors that are of paramount concern, cosmetic dentistry no wonder has come to the forefront. A lot of patients prefer to go for cosmetic dentistry for enhancing their smile. These techniques do not take into consideration treating dental health problems or preventing the same, but its principal focus is to beautify the appearance of a smile. Although cosmetic dentistry is not the Fountain of Youth of the modern times yet there are numerous perks of using this technique. A wise client, however, will check the issues from every aspect. Cosmetic dentistry does have some drawbacks, but it is mere minimal. Today a good number of patients are content and happy with the results of their procedures. Hurry to get in touch with a good dentist today to know how cosmetic dentistry can help you.