Why Breakfast Is The Most Important Meal Of The Day?
Are you sluggish in the day time? Do you feel moody and get irritated for no reason?
If you answered yes to these questions then perhaps you are one among those who skip breakfast, which is the most important meal of a day. Recent studies already mentioned that one in five people skip breakfast during a fortnight and as many as one in ten adults don’t eat breakfast.
Nutrition experts claim that breakfast is the essential meal of the day and it plays a vital role in helping deal with obesity. They also state that eating breakfast has many long term health benefits. It helps reduce high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity and heart disease.
Benefits of having breakfast everyday:
- Eating a healthy breakfast can boost your body metabolism and helps you stay energetic.
- Studies have already mentioned that eating breakfast can improve your concentration, memory and other aspects related to your mental performance. Your brain needs energy just like any other organ in your body and having breakfast can give your brain a boost.
- Having breakfast in the morning can help improve your mood and reduce your stress levels as well. Working for long hours without having your breakfast can result in low blood sugar which can even affect your mood.
- Having breakfast daily can help regulate blood sugar and help restore energy. Nutritionists recommend that above 25% of your food intake per day should come from your breakfast.
- Breakfast foods have good source of vitamins and nutrients such as iron, calcium, protein and fiber as well. If you skip your breakfast, you may even miss out these important nutrients.
- Research indicates that people who will have their breakfast are less likely to be overweight when compared to others who skip their breakfast. Skipping breakfast can make you crave for high sugar foods and fatty snacks as well.
Here is a quick healthy breakfast recipe:
- Prepare a fruit salad comprising of an apple, an orange, few berries (or any other fruits of your choice).
- Add few walnuts and raisins.
- Later, top it with 1/4th cup of grated cheese.
This is an instant healthy breakfast recipe which can provide your body with all the essential nutrients and vitamins and boost your energy levels.