Blackheads have caused many of us look ugly. Mostly this skin problem occurs for the period of the teenage and adolescent years. Blackheads are a kind of pimples without a skin over it, and commonly appear on the face, especially on the nose. Since pimples are open to the air so their top layers of glop oxidizes and turn them to the dark black color. According to medical terms, blackheads are results of hormonal changes in human body, and sometimes unnecessary use of cosmetic products. Even though, there can be many prescribed medications to treat blackheads but the natural treatments always have no exception. So why not find out some of useful home remedies for blackheads which involve simple and easily available ingredients in most homes.
Five Best Home Remedies for Blackheads:
- Using baking soda to treat blackheads can be one of the effective home remedies for blackheads as it clears the impurities from your skins e.g. remains and dirt. The simplest way to use it is to make a thick paste by mixing two teaspoons of baking soda with some water, and then apply it over the affected area of your skin. Massage smoothly and let it dry for some while then rinse it off with warm water. You can use this remedy twice a week.
- Another natural remedy for blackheads can be cinnamon which helps removing and preventing blackheads from grow again. Make a thick paste by mixing one teaspoon of cinnamon powder with honey and apply it over the affected area. It works best when is left on the affected area overnight and washed in morning with normal water. Repeat the remedy for 10 days.
- Oatmeal helps you get rid of blackheads when mixes with yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil. This is perhaps the best of home remedies for blackheads I have ever used. All you need to do is to mix all mentioned ingredients to form a paste and apply it over blackheads until it becomes dry. Then a simple wash and you get your skin shinning. Besides the above combination, you can mix oatmeal with one teaspoon honey and the juice of tomatoes to form a paste and scrub your skin. It is recommended to wash it off after 5-7 minutes and repeat daily to keep your skin clean.
- Green tea has lot to do with home remedies for a variety of health problems and blackheads certainly stand as one of these. Take some green tea leave and mix it with some water to form a paste. Scrub the paste over the blackheads for a few minutes. Make sure you have a gentle massage. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy twice a week to clear pores.
- The fifth best home remedy for treating blackhead is using Epsom salt that naturally removes blackheads from your skin. Dissolve one teaspoon of Epsom salt and some drops of iodine in some hot water and let it cool. Then use a cotton ball for applying the mixture on blackheads and let it dry. Wash it off with a hygienic washcloth.