There are many conditions and illnesses that give rise to nausea, and sometimes lead to vomiting. Nausea can be the result of upset stomach, migraine, traveling, sinus, overeating, empty stomach for long, acid reflux, and the likes. It is up to you to identify the reason behind nausea and get yourself the right treatment.
In the meantime, let us find out some easy Home remedies for Nausea, which would tackle it or keep it at bay for some time till you get proper treatment.
- Avoid eating any solid food (greasy, spicy, oily, fibrous, fatty, etc.), for a day or two, when you feel nauseated. Solid food would only worsen the situation. Make sure you only drink liquids. If you stop taking liquids also, you will end up with dehydration.
- Ginger is known as the “mother-healer” for nausea and vomiting. Ginger tea, gingerbread, ginger flakes, grated ginger, ginger juice—anything with ginger would cure your nausea faster than any other method. When you are traveling, carry some ginger-included food, as mentioned above, with you (if you cannot carry raw ginger).
- Make a mixture of honey and lemon juice on a small plate or bowl, both taken in equal quantity. Now, take a spoon and eat it, little by little.
- Drink a mixture of lime juice and water. Take a cup of water; add a pinch or two sugar, 2 tsp lime juice, and a little pinch of baking soda. Stir well and drink it.
- Drink cranberry juice as it is good for the digestive system.
- Have milk and bread. Toast a piece of bread and butter it with minimum butter. Warm (not hot or boil) a cup of milk and pour it in an eating bowl. Now, break the toast in bite size pieces and put them in the milk. Now, eat it (do not gulp them down!).
- Onion and ginger juice is one of the best remedies for nausea if you have no problem with the onion smell. Take 1 tsp each of onion and ginger juice. Mix and drink it. On the other hand, you can take 1 tsp of onion juice and 1 tsp of fine-grated ginger. Mix and chew the ginger. This is even better.
- Drink tea made of aniseed/fennel or chew few seeds of aniseed whenever you feel nauseated. For aniseed tea, use about ½ tsp aniseed/fennel in 1 cup of water. Boil it well, steep for few minutes, strain and your tea is ready. Do not have more than 1 cup a day.
- Just like aniseed/fennel tea, you can drink cinnamon tea. The preparation procedure is same as aniseed/fennel tea. Just remember that if you are pregnant, you should not drink cinnamon tea.
- Cloves are known to fight nausea and vomiting urges. The procedure is same as you would make aniseed/fennel tea. Only difference is that you will take 1 tsp cloves (about 4 to 5 pcs) in 1 cup of water.
There are umpteen numbers of home treatments for nausea. Start with these first and feel the difference.
Hello! I'm the Founder of Guidelineshealth.com, a leading health and wellness platform that connects individuals with experts in the industry. We provide resources, tips and actionable advice to health-conscious individuals looking to improve their wellbeing.
Leave a Reply