How Man’s Best Friend Can Benefit From CBD
If you’ve ever had a headache or experienced major anxiety and treated your symptoms with CBD, then you know firsthand how amazing this supplement can be. CBD has been touted for years as a way to improve one’s health, including offering pain relief, anti-seizure properties, and many other benefits. Although many are still waiting for the compound to be officially approved by the Food and Drug Administration, it’s legal in quite a few states and has become more and more popular as time goes on.
But did you know that your dog can benefit from CBD just as much as you can? Veterinarians are continuously amazed at the benefits that these items can bring after only a few short months of use, creating an even stronger case for legalization nationwide. If your furry friend is struggling with health issues, consider the following ways in which CBD can help:
- Getting your dog to eat can be challenging, especially when they don’t feel well. Using CBD can encourage their appetite and curb nausea.
- The same mechanisms that relieve your bodily pain also work well for dogs, allowing for reduced inflammation and an easier time moving.
- Because CBD is not psychoactive, you can administer it to your pet to relieve them of separation anxiety and not have to worry about any odd side effects.
- Seizures and epilepsy can make life difficult for humans and animals alike, and CBD is a great item to help reduce symptoms.
- Given that it’s an anti-inflammatory, dogs who are plagued by colitis can take CBD in an effort to restore their gut health. These benefits also extend to reducing the symptoms associated with autoimmune disease.
- CBD is a powerful protectant against free radicals and works to shield brain cells from damage, assisting with neurodegenerative diseases.
- Heart health is greatly impacted by the use of CBD, making it an ideal treatment for cardiovascular issues in your dog.
- Although it’s still not proven, many have remarked that CBD is effective in fighting cancer. Tumors found in dogs have reduced significantly simply due to regular CBD supplementation.
Choosing A CBD Product
Now that you’re ready to begin administering this miracle compound to your four-legged pal, how do you know which options are the best? In general, it’s recommended that you purchase a high-quality CBD item, essentially one that’s made well enough that you’d take yourself. I shop at a company called Holistapet but it’s not cheap. I would google for a Holistapet coupon if you go with that brand or just google for any brand you’re looking to go with. Organic options are often the best, but ultimately it comes down to the ingredient list, where it was made, and how it was produced.
Depending on your dog’s size and temperament, you may want to experiment with a CBD tincture that allows you to customize their exact dosage. Using a small dropper, you can simply put the liquid directly into their mouths. Other products include CBD gummies that may prove beneficial if your dog needs to be coaxed into trying new things.
All in all, the benefits of integrating CBD into your dog’s diet are numerous, and while no one can make exact health guarantees, personal experience has dictated that major issues have been greatly improved due to the use of this amazing compound.