How to Improve Body Hydration
In the course of a normal day, it is estimated that the human body loses at least a minimum of 2 ½ pints of water through the lungs, gut, skin and kidney, even if an individual doesn’t break off a sweat. This is the body’s way of eliminating toxins from the body. It is essential for every individual to drink about 3 pints of bottled or filtered water on a daily basis, whether they are detoxifying or not. The amount of water used and lost can vary from person to person as per their level of activity and size, but the internal metabolic reaction is dependent on water and about 3 liters are required.
Dehydration can cause a whole lot of health problems for people due to which it is best to stay hydrated. There are a few simple tips that can be used for improving hydration and will help people realize how much healthier they feel when they are hydrated. These tips are as follows:
- Stop consuming any other drinks. 3 liters of water should be consumed on a daily basis, but most people don’t drink anything near that amount. As a matter of fact, during the course of an average day, most people simply consume tea, coffee, soda or beer. These drinks are mostly diuretics causing most of the liquid to flush out of the body and this will actually impede body hydration.
- Starting drinking more water. These days, every health tip recommends individuals to drink water and it is the single most important thing one can do apart from exercising. Drinking more water will keep the skin healthy, hydrate the brain cells and will also flush out the toxins from the body.
- Get bottled water. Whether it is classified as spring water, table water or even natural mineral water, it is best to keep bottled and cold water at hand because it is an excellent alternative to grabbing a quick soda.
- Incorporate exercise in your daily routine. Initially, it is known to cause dehydration, but it will eventually increase your thirst. You should have a gallon of water at hand while exercising and drink half of it during the workout and the remaining after it.
- Remember to drink only filtered water. You can opt to purchase a water filtering system and it will actually encourage the intake of water on a daily basis. This is because filtered water usually tastes better to individuals and the initial novelty of filtration will eventually be molded into a very healthy habit.
- While water should be taken regularly, there are other ways through which it can be consumed. Eating more fruits and vegetable is an excellent way to accomplish this goal. Most of the fruits and vegetables are made up of 90% water and eating about four servings of each can provide people with about 1 ½ pints of water, which will cover at least half of their daily requirement.
Staying hydrated becomes easy in this way and people can stay healthy and fit.