Medical Professionals that You Need to See After a Personal Injury


Every year, many people fall victim to personal injuries, and this can have a huge impact on their health, quality of life, ability to work, and other aspects of their lives. No matter what sort of injury you have sustained, it is vital that you seek the right medical help to ensure the health effects of the injury are dealt with as quickly as possible.

Another thing you need to remember is that you may need to contact a personal injury attorney, and being able to provide medical reports and details of treatment received following the accident can really help to support your case. This is another reason why you should seek treatment and advice from a medical professional as quickly as possible following a personal injury. These injuries include everything from trips and falls to medical malpractice and car accidents.

Who Do You Need to See?

The medical professional you will need to see following a personal injury will largely depend on the type of accident you were involved in and the extent of the injury. For instance, if you were injured as a result of someone driving into the back of your vehicle, you may not sustain any obvious injuries at first glance. However, one common injury that people do suffer from when this type of accident occurs is whiplash. Unfortunately, your doctor cannot conclusively determine whether you have sustained whiplash, as an x-ray needs to be carried out. So, in this type of accident, it is best to be seen in the emergency room at the hospital where they have x-ray equipment to perform the proper examination.

Likewise, if you have sustained any obvious injuries such as cuts, bruises, bleeding, and similar, you should go to the emergency room and see a doctor there, as tests may need to be carried out. This will ensure you are not left suffering and that you do not leave injuries untreated, which is dangerous because they could become far worse and result in infections and more serious issues.

If there are no obvious signs of any injury or pain but you later start to feel the effects of the accident, you can visit your family doctor for advice. Symptoms are not always physical and could come in the form of stress and other psychological issues. They will be able to do an assessment based on the details of the accident and can examine you at the clinic. If they feel that further tests are needed to check for injuries that may not be obvious, they will then advise you to go to the hospital or will refer you to a relevant specialist.

Taking Action Sooner Rather than Later

One thing you should bear in mind is that taking action sooner rather than later is strongly advised. Even if you feel you have not sustained any injuries following the accident, you must remember that not all injuries are obvious right away. It is far better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your health, so acting quickly to get medical attention is important. This will also enable you to determine whether you have grounds to make a personal injury claim based on the doctor’s report.

Leave a comment