Are you experiencing burning sensation in your chest that is simply driving you mad and making you feel restless? Are you afraid of eating food and have the fear of getting the acidity attack again? Do you feel that your stomach is on fire and the feeling is just awful? If your answer to all these questions is yes, it implies that you are suffering from a condition known as heart burn.
Heartburn is a byproduct of indigestion and is characterized by burning sensation in your chest. It occurs when the acidic content of the stomach backs up in the esophagus. You may feel your condition worsening when you are resting on your back or are bending down.
Over the counter medications may be of use for some period of time and for the first few bouts. In the long run these medications may seem to lose the desired effect. What all of us require is a long term regime that is free from all kinds of side effects and would be effective as well. Long term treatment of heart burn using home remedies is the best resort. Certain life style changes along with home remedies would do the trick and you would gradually realize that heart burn is no longer a part of your life. Below are the various home remedies that are known to work wonders for treatment of heartburn.
- Aloe vera juice: This wonder plant is good for the skin and is even beneficial for reducing heartburn. Aloe vera juice acts as a coolant and suppresses the acid that is produced in the stomach.
- Apples: You must be well aware of the saying that – an apple a day keeps the doctor away. This fruit is known to act in this fashion – a slice of apple can help relieve acidity in just 5 minutes. Apple neutralizes the stomach acid and calms down the acid reflux.
- Baking soda: Most of us must have heard about this age old remedy of baking soda. It acts as a natural antacid.1 ½ tsp of baking soda in a glassful of water may relieve acid reflux instantly.
- Basil leaves: Chewing 2 -3 basil leaves helps neutralize stomach acid.
- Bananas: Bananas act as a natural antacid and can be consumed both fresh and its dried form.
- Buttermilk: This is yet another powerful antacid that helps relieve heart burn in minutes. Drink about ½ cup of ice cold butter milk and feel the difference.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is another effective remedy for relieving heartburn. This spice is readily available in your kitchen and you simply need to take a teaspoon of it and add to a cup of boiling water. Strain the remnants and drink the tea. You will begin noticing the difference within minutes.
- Fennel tea: Tea made out of fennel seeds also help reduce acidity to a great extent – as explained by herbalists. To add to this, chewing fennel seeds also help relive the feeling of nausea and vomiting caused due to heart burn.
- Ginger drink: Since ages ginger has been considered to be an effective remedy against heart burn and related disorders. For this drink, all you need to take is 1 tbsp of ginger, with few drops of lemon juice, 2 tbsp of honey – all mixed in 8 oz of warm water.
Am sure, all these home remedies would definitely help you get relief from heart burn. Bid adieu to heart burn forever with these home remedies!!