Did you know that most of time parasites are associated with overseas travel to less developed countries? Of course, this doesn’t mean that you couldn’t develop a tapeworm right at home. In fact, it probably happens more than you can imagine. Tapeworms can best be described as a freeloader. They just take and take without ever giving anything back. Not only do they steal your health, but they can cause other serious health conditions to rise as well. With that being said, you should know that preventing an infection is completely in your control, as most of the time these parasites come from poor lifestyle choices along with not knowing the warning signs, while partaking in daily activities. Below, you will learn some tips for treating and preventing intestinal parasites.
Washing Hands Before Eating Or Preparing Food
It is always imperative to wash your hands before eating or during food prep. It is entirely possible that you touched something throughout the day that contained a tapeworm or parasite. If you have touched something that contained a parasite it will be transferred to your food, which will be consumed.
Always Avoid Swallowing Water When Swimming
Even though public swimming pools contain a lot of chlorine and other chemicals they could potentially be loaded with tons of bacterium and other parasites. Regardless, of where you are swimming it is always imperative to make sure that you never swallow the water.
Watch Out For Pets
If you are like most people you probably have a four-legged friend that lives in the home with you. While pets are truly great, you might be surprised to learn that they are parasite carriers. If you have a pet that lives in the home you need to make sure that you are checking him or her on a regular basis for parasites. If your pet has parasites and he or she gives you a smooch on the face it is possible that the parasite could be transferred to you. One of the best ways to avoid this is by regularly adding garlic to your pet’s food. Garlic will not only kill out the parasites, but it might even improve your pet’s breath.
If you read any parasite cleanse review written by an expert, he or she will tell you that some parasites might disappear without any treatment if your immune system is strong enough. However, depending on the type and severity of the infection it is entirely possible that you might require medications or even surgery. Some of the most serious symptoms that you need to be on the lookout for are:
- Blood or pus in your stool
- Vomiting at regular intervals on a daily basis
- Elevated body temperature for a prolonged period of time
- Experiencing extreme fatigue and dehydration
If you experience any of the above symptoms you will need to get in touch with a doctor immediately. The best treatment will really depend on the type of parasite that you are dealing with. For instance, some tapeworms can be treated with oral medication like Biltricide, which paralyzes the tapeworm, causes it to dislodge from the gut, and then pass through your stool.
Leave a Reply