With approximately 52 million adults in America being diagnosed with some arthritis, arthritis has earned its place among the most common diseases of the 21st century. Keeping this fact in mind, it is natural to want to prevent this disease from growing any further. And while the researchers do not seem to stop investigating the reasons behind the appearance of any arthritis in general as well as how to prevent it, it is up to our doctors and us to treat it as best as we can. For those of you out there, we dedicate this article to you to educate you about these ten ways that you can use to ease your Joint Pain stiffness while you are dealing with any arthritis!
A little bit on the topic of arthritis
Although there are many different types of arthritis, over 100 types, in fact, they all have something in common. We are talking about the definition of the diseases and its main symptoms! The term arthritis is used to refer to joint pain in general. Apart from joint pain, other main symptoms that arthritis includes are swelling, stiffness, and decreased the range of motion. Although arthritis is not yet completely understood, the doctors, however, can offer you various treatments plans that have proven successful.
Ten ways to relief your joint pain and stiffness
As we mentioned before, we want to dedicate this article to all of you how are currently dealing with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, or any arthritis in general! The following ways are supposed to support your treatment plan and help you decrease your symptoms as much as you can. However, you should consult your doctor before proceeding with trying any of the following ways to relief your symptoms!
- Losing weight – The relation between obesity and osteoarthritis has been clearly determined – obesity has been represented as a risk factor for occurrence and progression of osteoarthritis. Lose that extra body weight by using the effective combination of healthy diet and proper exercising routine.
- Include exercise in your everyday routine – You would want to include more exercise in your daily routine and not just for the benefit of losing weight. Exercising will not only decrease your joint pain, but it will also increase the flexibility of your joints. However, we recommend you to stay away from weight – bearing exercises – e.g. running and refer to swimming and aerobics instead.
- Reserve a couple of minutes for stretching – Stretching, especially in the morning, is a great way to increase your joint’s flexibility and with that to reduce the stiffness and pain. Try yoga since it is a great way to stretch the whole body!
- Remember to rest – Since fatigue is also a common symptom of arthritis, especially for rheumatoid arthritis, what you need to do is make sure you get enough rest during the day. That means sleeping for at least 7-8 hours a night and having at least one nap during the day to reenergize your body!
- Include more omega-3 fatty acids in your diet – A study comparing the benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids and NSAID medications in chronic pain, concluded that Omega-3 fatty acids, introduced to the body through supplements or diet, have much greater effects in reducing the inflammation and pain as compared with NSAID.
- Add Turmeric to your meals – Turmeric contains an ingredient known as curcumin which is known to cause pain relief for arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Befriend the herbal remedies – Some herbal remedies, e.g. Bromelain, Boswellia, devil’s claw and thunder god vine are some of the most effective herbal remedies for arthritis.
- Try Epsom salt baths – Epsom contains magnesium sulfate crystals that absorb in the body through the skin when added to your bath and later help by relieving the pain and stiffness of your joint as well as relax your whole body.
- Regular massage – It is supposed to help you by relieving the pain, stiffness and increasing the range of motion of your joints. You can practice self-massage at your home or visit a professional.
- Try acupuncture – Visit a specialist and try acupuncture that is considered to have an ability to reduce the pain caused by arthritis.
Apart from following your treatment plan and taking the right medication for arthritis, e.g. JointFlex, that is supposed to decrease the symptoms, there are many ways that you can try and relief the symptoms on your own. In our article, we mentioned ten different ways that can help you get rid of the pain and stiffness and enjoy your life as much as you can while dealing with arthritis at the same time. However, all of these ways require some changes in your everyday routine. Do not hesitate to make the change and improve the quality of your life right away!