Winters are here and taking care of your health becomes even more essential so that you don’t catch sore throats, coughs, and fever. Since COVID-19 has the same symptoms you will have that nagging feeling – What if it’s COVID? You don’t want to get stuck asking yourself uneasy and harsh questions.
Before getting any symptoms of cold, it is better to take some preventive measures and necessary cautions in an ongoing pandemic. The common cold and influenza are believed to be transferred through larger droplets. However, there’s a lot you can do to make things better. Take a look at these measures which you can opt to prevent the spread of a cold.
One of the best ways to avoid a cold is to prevent it in the first place. There are a few things that you can do to minimize the risk of catching a cold.
- Try protecting your immune system by exercising regularly. Eat a nutrient-rich diet and healthy foods especially dark green leafy vegetables.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Cold viruses stay on your hands for up to 24 hours and can enter your body through the nose, mouth, and eyes. Therefore, avoid touching your face.
- Cold is contagious. Thus, stay away from people who are sick.
Staying hydrated helps your body to fight infection. You can stay hydrated by
- Drinking lots of fluids including water, decaffeinated tea, juice, and soup. Make sure that you prevent too much sugar.
- Do not consume beverages that dehydrate you — like sodas, alcohol, or coffee.
- If occupied with a busy schedule, set a reminder for yourself to drink water.
If you have caught a cold, relax! You don’t need to panic. You can have natural antibiotics to get rid of unwanted coughs and colds. A study has shown that natural antibiotics are very efficient against colds. You can also visit the nearest apothecary that can provide you with natural antibiotics. Due to its antiviral properties, it kills bacteria that have been resistant to antibiotics (anti-bacterial).
4.Get some good rest
Fighting an illness can take a charge on your body. Giving rest to your body helps your immune system to fight off the common cold. You can let your body naturally heal itself:
- Take a nap.
- Avoid the use of smartphones instead listen to motivational speakers
- Complete 8 hours of sleep
Ease your sore throat
A sore throat can cause constant irritation when you have a cold. Thankfully, you can carry out several things you can do to soothe it.
- Make your honey, lemon, and ginger cough drops.
- Drink lukewarm water
- Sip warm tea with cold preventing herbs such as holy basil plants.
- Gargle with warm saltwater.
- Drink warm, clear broth.
The mucus that builds up in the nasal passages and lungs can create a feeling of congestion. This feeling of stuffiness can be very irritating. Though, it can be reduced by:
- Using a cool-mist vaporizer.
- Run a hot, steamy shower.
- Try a sinus rinse with saline solution.
- Place a warm compress on your face.
Undoubtedly, consuming natural antibiotics will cure a common cold completely. However, if you still feel the need to go to the doctor you can seek medical attention right away.