The unique combination of lettuce and onions, the aroma and texture of this soup will make you feel hungry. Topped with salt and pepper, this soup will surely tingle your taste buds. Lettuce soup is also rich in protein, carbohydrate and iron.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Calories: 70 calories per serving
- Chopped lettuce 7 cups
- Chopped onions 1 ½ cups
- 2 tablespoons Plain flour mixed with 2½ cups low-fat milk (without forming lumps)
- 1½ tablespoons butter (low-fat)
- Salt, pepper powder to taste
- Heat the butter in a pan and add chopped lettuce and onions. Sauté them for 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and plain flour solution and 2½ cups water. Mix it well and cook for another few minutes.
- Let it cool and blend the mixture till it becomes a fine paste.
- Now add this puree to the pan and bring it to boil.
- Add salt and pepper. Mix it well.
- Serve hot. Garnish it with basil leaf.